Tuesday, April 14, 2009

...stay out of the deep end...

I'm not sure why I try to do things that I shouldn't do. I need to accept that there are things that I'll never be. I'll never be a photographer. I have a standard digital camera, but I do not have a 'photographer's eye'. I am continuously taking pics of something visually interesting with the intention to create my own FlickR page, to share with the world. But as it stands, I have a big chunk of my iPhoto which is filled with pics that never make it to Photoshop or the internets. Good intentions. But I need to give up the notion that I can create amazing photos with my digital. I'll just continue using my digital to take pics of friends at party's. To sum up. I'll leave the pretty pics to the professionals.

I find that more recently I've been giving up more things...not on some epic scale. But big for me. I read fewer comics, I watch fewer TV shows. I'm losing the idea that I must finish what I've started. Years ago I would never turn off a movie once I've started it. A few weeks ago I'm watching Max Payne, and I shut it off after the first half hour. It just wasn't holding my interest so I decided to quit watching it instead of wasting another hour+ by watching it. I'm not slagging the movie, I'm sure it wasn't horrible, it just wasn't keeping my attention.

In a lighter note...

It's pretty crazy that in 2009, Pirates are still a threat on the open seas. But really, when you think about it, Piracy is a timeless career. It doesn't have to be relegated to the 1700's(?). Nowadays, they have faster boats, better technology, cooler weapons. But so does the opposing side. So be careful out there pirates. We're all counting on you.

That's it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment