Monday, April 6, 2009

...busy

Well, it's been a few days. I found out that apparently a few people have been reading this thing and enjoying it. Good to know.

As I write this I'm listening to Pearl Jam's re-release of their 'Ten' album. Still a great collection of songs (as well as some new ones) that have held up for 19 years.

(Friday 4/3)
Went to dinner at Grindstone Charley's with Amanda, Rachel & Eddie, Rob & Kendra, and Bridgette. Had THE BEST salmon ever. Had terrible service, which is rare for G-stone Chuck's. After dinner we went to Drifty's for a few.

(Saturday 4/4)
Picked up my new spectacles Saturday morning. I'm really diggin' em, and they've been pretty well received by others. We had breakfast at a tiny little place in Greenwood, called 'Simple Brew'. It's on Old Meridian between Main Street and County Line. I recommend the B's & G's*. They had decent coffee and good prices.

After breakfast we went toy shopping at Toys R Us. We only purchased 3 things. One was for me (20th anniversary edition of Princess Bride, to which I'll get to later), one was for my niece Claudia, and one was for Amanda's mom. We went there with a specific goal of buying birthday presents for our other niece Madyson. I hate shopping when you're after a particular thing. I'd much rather be in search of nothing and happen across something. We abandoned shopping for the rest of the afternoon. We opted to head to the grocery store in order to get supplies for me to make egg salad. We had a craving for egg salad sammiches. And I make damn good egg salad.

After boiling, re-boiling, and re-re-boiling the eggs, I managed to get them cooked all the way through. I hate hard-boiling eggs. Love hard-boiled eggs, but I can never remember the proper way to do it. They turned out fine though.

The rest of the day was spent lounging around, getting caught up on some of the weeks TV. The new season of Reno 911 kicked off with a decent episode, not as strong as previous eps, but they had to introduce new characters. I'll definitely miss Garcia and Clementine.

That night we went out to a bar for the 22nd birthday celebration in honour of Nathan 'Cooter' Schipp. The gathering took place at 'John Waynes' which boasts the most pool tables under one roof in the Indianapolis area. After losing 3 games of pool (I'm sorry Ray Martin) I was done with billiards for the evening. We had some drinks, some laughs and could here a really decent cover band in the distance playing some good Beatles and Johnny Cash tunes.

(Sunday 4/5)
The party ended up moving to Rachel and Eddies house for further studies of the effect of alcohol and the human anatomy. We played some Beer Pong, or Pong Toss, as it's known to the kiddies. Around 4 (guessing) in the morning, Eddie decided it would be a good idea for the remaining party-goers to gather round and watch 'Wanted' on BluRay. Fantastic movie. Horrible time to start a movie. As Cooter was passed out behind the couch, we started watching the flick. I believe Ben was the first one to fall asleep about 20 minutes in, followed by me. As the end credits began crawling I was disturbed from my slumber. Apparently at some point during the movie, each of us had fallen asleep.

I believe we got home sometime after 6:00

Amanda and I were up 3 1/2 hours later to get ready for another birthday celebration of our niece Madyson (5). We quickly showered, dressed and raced to Target to acquire the gifts we failed to get the day before. After a quick in and out at Target, we headed to Shelbyville to pick up my other niece Claudia who spent the night at Granny & Grampa's. With Claudia in tow, we headed to Greenfield to 'That Fun Place', which is Chuck E Cheese without the horrible animatronic band. The pizza was decent, and the kids seemed to really enjoy the games and rides. Headache commence.

Arrived home around 7:30, chopped up the eggs and finally made the egg salad. We watched someTV, I think 'Rules of Engagement' and 'The Soup'. Went to bed.

As promised...Princess Bride, if you have not seen it, is not a chick flick, as the title may have you believe. It is a story about a 'princess bride' who is trying to find true love. It is a hilarious, odd, quirky movie directed by Rob Reiner, with performances by Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Billy Crystal, Andre the Giant, Mandy Patinkin, Fred Savage and Peter Faulk (as well as many, many other great actors). There's lots of great swordplay, great dialog, hilarious moments and great imagery. This movie also features one of the greatest delivered lines in movie history..."Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die." The movie is worth watching for that scene alone.


-End-




* B's & G's = Bisquits & Gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment